Sponsor a Tree
Following up on the success of the Sponsor a Tree Program from previous years, we will be bringing the program back for 2017.
Special thanks to Jespersen Solvang Tree Farm. They have generously provided over 30 trees for this holiday season.
We will begin installing the trees around the downtown on December 1st. Once the trees are in place, please have your tree decorated by December 6th.
There are just a few points I’d like to bring up regarding decoration as well as lessons learned from previous years:
- For the businesses that did participate in past years and still have a set of Solar LED lights, please re-use them
- **Important** When installing the lights, please install the solar panel near the top of the tree. This will ensure it gets the maximum amount of light possible for recharging the batteries as well as being less susceptible to vandalism than if it were at ground level
- Please refrain from using flammable items on the trees, they will have to survive a few Christmas parties
- Please do not use glass or any other type of decoration that could become hazardous if removed/broken (see above)
- Please do not water the tree
- By Saturday, January 6th please remove all your decorations. We will take care of the actual tree removal.
Sign up begins on November 4th HERE